Boat Rack Program
For several years, members had enquired about how to take advantage of the boat/kayak rack located to the west of the tennis court. Two years ago, the Board defined a program that allowed us to organize and manage the racks, for the benefit of you, our members. (Program guidelines are listed below.) Based on interest in the program we also built two new racks, tripling capacity!
Members will have the opportunity to apply for a slot on the rack (See Requesting a Rack Slot) for the 2019 season. Slots will be awarded on a first come, first served basis…though we hope the additional racks will satisfy the demand.
- Boats awarded a slot will be assigned a numbered decal denoting permission to use the rack. You will be entitled to exclusive use of the rack for the 2019 boating season
- Slots will be awarded on a first come, first served basis; See instructions below to request a slot
- A $25 annual fee will be charged per slot, to cover program and maintenance costs
- Decals must be prominently displayed on the end of the boat facing out, visible from the harbor side of the rack
- Only 2019 paid members are eligible
- Rack will be monitored regularly during the summer; boats without a decal will be removed from the rack
- Rack accommodates kayaks, canoes and paddle boards; Masted sailboats and row boats not permitted
- Limited to one slot per household (we will consider additional household slots if availability permits)
- 2019 rack season: June 15, 2019 – November 15, 2019
Requesting a Rack Slot
The membership form includes a line item to request a slot. Simply check the box to the left of “Boat Rack Slot.” Also, please check the box for the type of boat you are requesting a slot for (kayak/canoe or paddle board). Include your $25 payment with your membership dues payment.
- Slots will be awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- A full refund will be provided for paid requests not awarded a slot.
- For additional information and questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.